DANVILLE, Va. (AP) — A manufacturer of work vans used by package delivery companies and other businesses plans to employ 700 workers at a Virginia IKEA furniture plant slated for closing.
Gov. Ralph Northam’s office said Friday that Morgan Olson LLC would move into the nearly 1-million-square-foot site that IKEA planned to close in December, cutting 300 jobs.
Step vans built by Sturgis, Michigan-based Morgan Olson are used to deliver online purchases to locations across North America. The vehicles also deliver newspapers, baked goods, snack food distributors, and rented uniforms.
Virginia agencies are agreeing to provide $8.2 million in grants in addition to tax breaks.
- Los juguetes navideños más populares: BBB advierte sobre ofertas de venta flash imprescindibles
- Trump se propone vetar el proyecto de ley de defensa sobre el cambio de nombre de las bases en honor a los confederados
- Parenting during the pandemic: how you can get virtual help for free
- StormTracker 8: Sunny, cool today; Rain for Thanksgiving
- Richmond task force on reimagining public safety releases final report