SOUTH HILL, Va. (WRIC) — A boil water advisory is in effect in South Hill, the town’s police department announced Thursday.
The boil advisory is in effect beginning midnight, Friday, July 3. It’s expected to run through July 7.
Citing a water main break near Miles Creek Crossing on Route 1, some customers of the Roanoke River Service Authority were affected. As a precaution, South Hill residents are advised to use boiled tap water or bottled water for drinking and cooking purposes.
Water should be boiled for at least one minute, health officials added.
Click here for more information.
- The spooky and dangerous side of black licorice
- Don’t change your voicemail: Rescue teams warn against misleading social-media post
- Grand jury to consider murder charge against suspended Virginia Tech football player
- What exactly is a ‘wealth tax’ and how would it work?
- Kids’ mental health declared national emergency