RICHMOND, Va. (Martinsville Bulletin) — A priest in Virginia has been removed from his post after maintaining a blog critical of the Catholic Church’s handling of the sexual abuse scandal.
News outlets report Rev. Mark White, whose blog reaches more than 1 million readers, was removed on Monday.
He served as the priest of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Martinsville and St. Francis of Assisi in Rocky Mount.
The Catholic Diocese of Richmond says White has since been reassigned as chaplain to different state and federal prisons within the dioceses.
- Police find stolen firearms in car after high-speed chase
- StormTracker8: Mild and breezy today
- Lack of Census data delaying redistricting decisions in Prince George
- Man released early from prison accused of killing 3, including cutting neighbor’s heart out
- Gov. Ralph Northam loosens COVID-19 restrictions; alcohol sales expanded to midnight