RICHMOND, Va. (Martinsville Bulletin) — A priest in Virginia has been removed from his post after maintaining a blog critical of the Catholic Church’s handling of the sexual abuse scandal.
News outlets report Rev. Mark White, whose blog reaches more than 1 million readers, was removed on Monday.
He served as the priest of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Martinsville and St. Francis of Assisi in Rocky Mount.
The Catholic Diocese of Richmond says White has since been reassigned as chaplain to different state and federal prisons within the dioceses.
- Falls Church man charged in attempted stabbing at Islamic center
- Obama’s dog Bo, once a White House celebrity, dies from cancer
- Coronavirus update: Music’s biggest names raise money for vaccinations, Virginia cases fall below 600
- Balcony collapse in Malibu residence sends almost a dozen people onto rocks below
- Meet the cats fighting Chicago’s rat problem