RICHMOND, Va. (Martinsville Bulletin) — A priest in Virginia has been removed from his post after maintaining a blog critical of the Catholic Church’s handling of the sexual abuse scandal.
News outlets report Rev. Mark White, whose blog reaches more than 1 million readers, was removed on Monday.
He served as the priest of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Martinsville and St. Francis of Assisi in Rocky Mount.
The Catholic Diocese of Richmond says White has since been reassigned as chaplain to different state and federal prisons within the dioceses.
- VCU Medical Center sees surge in opioid overdoses during pandemic
- Nearly 100,000 businesses have permanently closed since March. Yelp says these are the hardest hit shops
- 330 elephants in Botswana may have died from toxic algae
- Bank shares tumble after reports of rampant money laundering
- Gov. Greg Abbott issues Disaster Declaration for 29 Texas counties ahead of Tropical Storm Beta