RICHMOND, Va. (Martinsville Bulletin) — A priest in Virginia has been removed from his post after maintaining a blog critical of the Catholic Church’s handling of the sexual abuse scandal.
News outlets report Rev. Mark White, whose blog reaches more than 1 million readers, was removed on Monday.
He served as the priest of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Martinsville and St. Francis of Assisi in Rocky Mount.
The Catholic Diocese of Richmond says White has since been reassigned as chaplain to different state and federal prisons within the dioceses.
- Police chase results in crash, two bystanders help trooper restrain driver
- ‘Angst between the ranks’ after Richmond mandates vaccines for city employees
- ‘Lol at all of this’: $28 Sam Adams beer found on menu at New York airport
- Richmond in need of grief counselors after mayor declares gun violence a public health crisis
- StormTracker8: Clearing skies tonight, warmer day on Thursday