RICHMOND, Va. (Martinsville Bulletin) — A priest in Virginia has been removed from his post after maintaining a blog critical of the Catholic Church’s handling of the sexual abuse scandal.
News outlets report Rev. Mark White, whose blog reaches more than 1 million readers, was removed on Monday.
He served as the priest of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Martinsville and St. Francis of Assisi in Rocky Mount.
The Catholic Diocese of Richmond says White has since been reassigned as chaplain to different state and federal prisons within the dioceses.
- Endangered missing 13-year-old girl found safe, Virginia State Police say
- StormTracker8: Mighty Cold for Saturday morning; balmy next week
- Actress Melinda Dillon, of ‘A Christmas Story,’ dies at 83
- Here’s how much it costs to go to Super Bowl LVII
- Students ‘terrified’ after active shooter confusion leads Alabama police to wrong school