RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Here’s the latest coronavirus update from the Virginia Department of Health for Monday, April 5:
The Virginia Department of Health is reporting 1,023 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number of cases in the Commonwealth to 626,171.
The number of deaths increased to a total of 10,360. The state’s positivity rate remained at 6.4%.
VDH is reporting that a total of 4,174,326 COVID-19 vaccines have been administered as of April 4.
The percentage of people in the state who have been vaccinated with at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine is 32.4%.
A total of 1,519,021 people have been fully vaccinated in Virginia. According to the most recent Census data, there are 8,535,519 people living in the state.
On average 75,092 COVID-19 vaccine doses are administered every day.
According to the Virginia Hospitals and Healthcare Association, 52,012 COVID-19 patients were discharged from the hospital.
Currently, there are 1,028 patients in the hospital who either have COVID-19 or have pending test results. Of those patients, 257 are in the ICU and 133 are on a ventilator.
COVID-19 at local universities
As of April 1, the college has reported:
- 45 active student cases and 12 active employee cases of COVID-19.
- 3 student is in isolation on campus.
- 7 students are in quarantine on campus.
As of April 2, here is what the college has reported:
- 20 current active COVID-19 cases
- March 2021 monthly positivity was 0.5%
- 21,143 total COVID-19 tests*
*Total COVID tests are the total number of PCR or antigen tests conducted by UR or self-reported by students, faculty and staff.
Local COVID-19 cases in Central Virginia
- Charles City County: 500 cases, 15 deaths
- Chesterfield County: 27,453 cases, 428 deaths
- City of Colonial Heights: 1,702 cases, 61 deaths
- City of Hopewell: 2,568 cases, 72 deaths
- City of Petersburg: 3,834 cases, 84 deaths
- City of Richmond: 16,889 cases, 258 deaths
- Dinwiddie County: 2,105 cases, 43 deaths
- Goochland County: 1,435 cases, 23 deaths
- Hanover County: 8,008 cases, 155 deaths
- Henrico County: 25,151 cases, 607 deaths
- New Kent County: 1,487 cases, 17 deaths
- Powhatan County: 1,900 cases, 16 deaths