RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Here’s the latest coronavirus update from the Virginia Department of Health for Monday, March 1:
The Virginia Department of Health has reported an increase of 1,124 COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases in the Commonwealth to 577,174.
The state’s COVID-19 deaths also increased by 231. The new state total is 8,783.
There was a slight change in the positivity rate, it is now at 7.1%. This is the lowest the rate has been since November.
According to the Virginia Hospitals and Healthcare Association, 47,002 COVID-19 patients were discharged from the hospital.
Currently, there are 1,321 patients in the hospital who either have COVID-19 or have pending test results. Of those patients, 295 are in the ICU and 196 are on a ventilator.
VDH is reporting that a total of 1,982,780 COVID-19 vaccines have been administered as of Mar. 1.
The percentage of people in the state who have been vaccinated with at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine is 15.2%.
A total of 686,289 people have been fully vaccinated in Virginia. According to the most recent Census data, there are 8,535,519 people living in the state.
On average 42,032 COVID-19 vaccine doses are administered every day.
Virginia’s pre-registration system open
Virginians hoping to sign up for the COVID-19 vaccine are now able to through a new statewide pre-registration system that opened Wednesday morning.
CLICK HERE to pre-register for a COVID-19 vaccine in Virginia.
Coronavirus testing near you
- Thursday, March 4 — 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Randolph Community Center, 1415 Grayland Ave.
COVID-19 at local universities
As of Feb. 26, the college has reported:
- 52 active student cases and 8 active employee cases of COVID-19.
- 9 students are in isolation on campus.
- 24 students are in quarantine on campus.
As of Feb. 26, here is what the college has reported:
- 11 current active COVID-19 cases
- January 2021 monthly positivity was 3.6%
- 12,468 total COVID-19 tests*
*Total COVID tests are the total number of PCR or antigen tests conducted by UR or self-reported by students, faculty and staff.
Local COVID-19 cases in Central Virginia
- Charles City County: 470 cases, 15 deaths
- Chesterfield County: 26,150 cases, 406 deaths
- City of Colonial Heights: 1,584 cases, 57 deaths
- City of Hopewell: 2,436 cases, 64 deaths
- City of Petersburg: 3,628 cases, 80 deaths
- City of Richmond: 16,232 cases, 255 deaths
- Dinwiddie County: 2,037 cases, 42 deaths
- Goochland County: 1,364 cases, 23 deaths
- Hanover County: 7,652 cases, 148 deaths
- Henrico County: 23,984 cases, 587 deaths
- New Kent County: 1,425 cases, 15 death
- Powhatan County: 1,820 cases, 14 deaths