RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Here’s the latest coronavirus update from the Virginia Department of Health for Tuesday, February 23:
COVID-19 cases increased by 1,769 bringing the state total to 567,039. Deaths in the Commonwealth are at 7,658.
The positivity rate in Virginia decreased to 8.3 percent.
According to the Virginia Hospitals and Healthcare Association, 46,052 COVID-19 patients were discharged from the hospital.
Currently, there are 1,540 patients in the hospital who either have COVID-19 or have pending test results. Of those patients, 315 are in the ICU and 196 are on a ventilator.
VDH is reporting that a total of 1,602,502 COVID-19 vaccines have been administered as of Feb. 22.
In Virginia, 13.1 percent of the population have been vaccinated with at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
A total of 481,287 people have been fully vaccinated in Virginia. According to the most recent Census data, there are 8,535,519 people living in the state.
On average 30,887 COVID-19 vaccine doses are administered every day.
Virginia’s pre-registration system open
Virginians hoping to sign up for the COVID-19 vaccine are now able to through a new statewide pre-registration system that opened Wednesday morning.
CLICK HERE to pre-register for a COVID-19 vaccine in Virginia.
Coronavirus testing near you
- Wednesdays: Feb. 24 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. St. Augustine Catholic Church, 4400 Beulah Road.
- Thursday: Feb. 25 – 10 a.m. to noon. Walmsley United Methodist Church, 2950 Walmsley Blvd.
- Thursday: Feb. 25 — 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Second Baptist Church, 3300 Broad Rock Boulevard
COVID-19 at local universities
As of Feb. 22, the college has reported:
- 74 active student cases and 10 active employee cases of COVID-19.
- 19 students are in isolation on campus.
- 41 students are in quarantine on campus.
As of Feb. 22, here is what the college has reported:
- 14 current active COVID-19 cases
- January 2021 monthly positivity was 3.6%
- 10,829 total COVID-19 tests*
*Total COVID tests are the total number of PCR or antigen tests conducted by UR or self-reported by students, faculty and staff.
Local COVID-19 cases in Central Virginia
- Charles City County: 501 cases, 16 deaths
- Chesterfield County: 27,825 cases, 431 deaths
- City of Colonial Heights: 1,708 cases, 61 deaths
- City of Hopewell: 2,593 cases, 75 deaths
- City of Petersburg: 3,879 cases, 86 deaths
- City of Richmond: 17,011 cases, 266 deaths
- Dinwiddie County: 2,126 cases, 44 deaths
- Goochland County: 1,451 cases, 23 deaths
- Hanover County: 8,139 cases, 158 deaths
- Henrico County: 25,367 cases, 612 deaths
- New Kent County: 1,499 cases, 18 deaths
- Powhatan County: 1,911 cases, 17 deaths