RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Here’s the latest coronavirus update from the Virginia Department of Health for Thursday, February 4, 2021:
The Virginia Department of Health is reporting 3,059 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number of cases to 516,398. The total number of deaths has reached 6,650.
The positivity rate decreased slightly to 11.0 percent.
According to the Virginia Hospitals and Healthcare Association, 41,067 COVID-19 patients were discharged from the hospital.
Currently, there are 2,444 patients in the hospital who either have COVID-19 or have pending test results. Of those patients, 486 are in the ICU and 294 are on a ventilator.
VDH is reporting that a total of 895,005 COVID-19 vaccines have been administered as of Feb. 3.
More than 750,000 people in the state have been vaccinated with at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
A total of 136,731 people have been fully vaccinated in Virginia. According to the most recent Census data, there are 8,535,519 people living in the state.
A majority of the people fully vaccinated are in the 50-59 age group.
On average 39,658 COVID-19 vaccine doses are administered every day.
Coronavirus testing near you
- Friday, Feb. 5 — 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Eastern Henrico Health Department, 1400 N Laburnum Ave (This is a drive-through event)
- Mondays: Feb. 8, 15 and 22 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Second Baptist Church, 5100 West Hundred Road.
- Wednesdays: Feb. 10, 17 and 24 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. St. Augustine Catholic Church, 4400 Beulah Road.
- Thursdays: Feb. 11 and 25 – 10 a.m. to noon.Walmsley United Methodist Church, 2950 Walmsley Blvd.
COVID-19 at local universities
As of Feb. 3, the college has reported:
- 44 active student cases and 0 active employee cases of COVID-19.
- 16 students are in isolation on campus.
- 24 students are in quarantine on campus.
As of Feb. 3, here is what the college has reported:
- 101 current active COVID-19 cases
- During the spring semester, 232 students tested positive for COVID-19.
- The total positivity rate for the Spring semester is at 3.6 percent.
Local COVID-19 cases in Central Virginia
- Charles City County: 470 cases, 15 deaths
- Chesterfield County: 26,150 cases, 406 deaths
- City of Colonial Heights: 1,584 cases, 57 deaths
- City of Hopewell: 2,436 cases, 64 deaths
- City of Petersburg: 3,628 cases, 80 deaths
- City of Richmond: 16,232 cases, 255 deaths
- Dinwiddie County: 2,037 cases, 42 deaths
- Goochland County: 1,364 cases, 23 deaths
- Hanover County: 7,652 cases, 148 deaths
- Henrico County: 23,984 cases, 587 deaths
- New Kent County: 1,425 cases, 15 death
- Powhatan County: 1,820 cases, 14 deaths