RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) – The field for the Democrat nomination for governor in 2021 grew by one on New Year’s Day, as Del. Lee Carter (D-Prince William) announced his bid for the highest elected office in the commonwealth.
Carter joins an already stacked lineup of candidates for the Democratic nomination including former Gov. Terry McAuliffe and current Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax.
Carter made the announcement official when he released a video on his Twitter.
Carter previously served in the U.S. Marine Corps and has served in the House of Delegates since 2018.
- Senate Republicans’ vote-a-rama slows Biden COVID relief bill
- Chesterfield Schools updates meal distribution schedule; closes some pick-up sites
- Minimum wage shot down from American Rescue Plan as ‘vote-a-rama’ is in full swing
- HCPS moves curbside service to Wednesdays only
- StormTracker8: The weekend looks pleasant