FAIRFAX COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Fairfax County Schools say they’re canceling their foreign exchange program after 21 students and five chaperones arrived from China.
The cancellation is as result of the coronavirus, which has claimed the lives of 17 people and left hundreds sick in China.
School officials will work with the travel company to create cultural and educational activities for students while they are are still in the country.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News for updates.
- Coach Fuente hopes Hokies ‘able to play’ Wolfpack this week
- Everything you need to know: Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k
- Second stimulus checks: How SCOTUS battle could derail $1,200 direct payments
- University of Richmond’s president to step down in 2022
- Richmond’s emergency childcare intiative could start in next few weeks