FAIRFAX COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Fairfax County Schools say they’re canceling their foreign exchange program after 21 students and five chaperones arrived from China.
The cancellation is as result of the coronavirus, which has claimed the lives of 17 people and left hundreds sick in China.
School officials will work with the travel company to create cultural and educational activities for students while they are are still in the country.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News for updates.
- Great 8 Weekend Events: Mardi Gras RVA, Drag Bingo, 80s Sunday Brunch and more!
- Maryland Walmart employee becomes unlikely viral sensation
- Ryan Newman walking around, playing with daughters in hospital 2 days after Daytona 500 wreck
- Burger King launches new ad featuring moldy Whopper
- Arkansas police officer volunteers for “daddy-daughter dance”