CAROLINE COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A single vehicle crash that occurred in Caroline County last night left one man dead, according to the Virginia State Police.
Police said at about 8:56 p.m. on Nov. 20, they responded to a single vehicle crash involving a fatality. The crash occurred on Route 17 approximately one tenth of a mile south of Hicks Landing Road.
The VSP’s preliminary investigation found a 2008 Ford F150 was traveling north when it ran off the road to the right. The vehicle then overcorrected to the left and ran off the road hitting multiple trees.
The drive and only occupant of the vehicle was Earl Garnett, 55, of Fredericksburg. He died at the scene.
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- A two-week shutdown is a possible option in Virginia to stunt COVID-19 spread after Thanksgiving
- Henrico woman pleads guilty to directing laser pointer at police plane
- Conexus ‘Gift of Light’ campaign gifts Richmond student in need