CAROLINE COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A single vehicle crash that occurred in Caroline County last night left one man dead, according to the Virginia State Police.
Police said at about 8:56 p.m. on Nov. 20, they responded to a single vehicle crash involving a fatality. The crash occurred on Route 17 approximately one tenth of a mile south of Hicks Landing Road.
The VSP’s preliminary investigation found a 2008 Ford F150 was traveling north when it ran off the road to the right. The vehicle then overcorrected to the left and ran off the road hitting multiple trees.
The drive and only occupant of the vehicle was Earl Garnett, 55, of Fredericksburg. He died at the scene.
- Chesterfield schools preparing for elementary students to return to in-person learning next week
- StormTracker 8: Rain departs; Winter Storm Looms
- Virginia health experts working with labs to find out how COVID-19 variants spread
- Judge: Charges still stand against pastor Tony Spell for violating COVID-19 crowd limits
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state