(WRIC) — A Virginia infant is dead after being left in a hot car by its father, according to police.
Details remain limited, but authorities in Fairfax County say the preliminary investigation reveals the father “inadvertently left the infant in a car for an extended amount of time.”
The exact cause and manner of death will be determined by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
Click here for more information from ABC-affiliate WJLA.
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- A two-week shutdown is a possible option in Virginia to stunt COVID-19 spread after Thanksgiving
- Henrico woman pleads guilty to directing laser pointer at police plane
- Chesterfield police investigating stabbing
- US agency ascertains Biden as winner, lets transition begin