RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — An inmate from Sussex II State Prison died in the hospital Wednesday from injuries he suffered in a suspected in-cell attack in late January.
According to the Virginia Department of Corrections, Ebony K. Auddi was being treated at Virginia Commonwealth University Hospital after he was assaulted on Jan. 30 in what is believed to be “an inmate-on-inmate in-cell attack.” Auddi, 49, was serving 14 years and 24 months for attempted rape, sexual battery and attempted sodomy.
An investigation into the deadly attack is ongoing.
- Man charged with arson in connection with 2019 house fire in Chesterfield County
- Investigation underway after 3 homes shot up in Hopewell
- USC offering free tuition to families making under $80,000
- College pole vaulter’s gut-wrenching groin injury video goes viral
- Ex-boyfriend of missing girl’s mother says he never saw the child; AMBER Alert still active