FARMVILLE, Va. (WRIC) — Longwood University has cancelled commencement exercises for the class of 2020. The university initially postponed these ceremonies from May to Oct. 9 and 10.
Longwood says the graduation has been cancelled because of restrictions on state and local gathers as well as their responsibility to public health.
According to Longwood’s commencement update, administrators are working with graduates who previously planned to visit Farmville for the graduation weekend to create ways for small groups and families to mark the occasion while still respecting health standards.
- Disabled veterans explain tax break amendment on Virginia ballot
- Henrico board members approve emergency changes to four ‘at-risk’ polling locations to protect seniors
- Man accused of stealing vehicle with baby inside sought by Richmond police
- Hurricane Zeta brings rain to RVA on Thursday and Friday
- Chesterfield School Board asks community for input on elementary school name