MADISON COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia State Police said they are investigating a Monday afternoon crash in Madison County that killed one woman from Maryland.
Police said the crash occurred at about 1:40 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 21, along Route 231, 1.2 miles Route 642.
According to the VSP, a 2020 Chevrolet Silverado was traveling North on 231 when it crossed a double solid yellow centerline and hit a Southbound 2015 Hyundai Veloster head on.
Officials said the driver of the Chevrolet, a 59-year-old man from Luray, suffered serious injuries and was transported to UVA Medical Center for treatment. He was wearing a seatbelt.
The driver of the Hyundai, a 31-year-old woman from Baltimore, Md., died while being transport to the hospital. She was wearing a seatbelt. Police said the woman’s identity is being withheld pending a next of kin notification.
A passenger in the Hyundai, a 38-year-old man from Baltimore, Md., suffered life threatening injuries and was transported to UVA Medical Center for treatment. VSP said he was wearing a seatbelt.
VSP said charges are still pending and this is an ongoing investigation.
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Former NC State national champion Coleman Stewart earns TYR Pro Swim Series victory
- Vanecek makes 30 saves in NHL debut, Capitals sweep Sabres
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- HHS Secretary Azar ‘still serving the American people’ as he submits resignation effective Jan. 20