NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk Police are asking for help from the public finding a man they believe posted offensive stickers in Ghent.
Police believe 33-year-old Samuel A. Caskey, a Virginia Beach resident, posted stickers with QR codes that would direct a user to a New York-based blog for white supremacists and neo-Nazis.
They were posted on street signs and telephone poles in Ghent starting Jan. 21, 2020 in the 21st Street corridor. There were about 40 stickers found at that time.
Police began investigating those stickers at that time, and worked with the Department of Public Works to quickly remove them.
However, the stickers began appearing once more starting June 6.
Investigation into the recent posting of the stickers led police to Caskey.
“Let me be very clear, discriminatory acts such as this will be thoroughly investigated by the Norfolk Police Department, and those responsible will be held accountable for their actions,” Police Chief Larry Boone said.
- StormTracker 8: Scattered thunderstorms; possible flash flooding
- Buildings damaged, glass shattered after protests in Richmond turn violent
- Goochland County School Board votes for virtual reopening plan
- Powhatan school board approves Confederate flag ban
- Second stimulus checks: Why $1,200 payments aren’t expected in August