RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Gov. Ralph Northam has ordered flags to be lowered to half staff at all state and local government buildings across Virginia.
This order is in honor of the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who died Friday night.
“It is with the deepest sadness that Pam and I mourn the passing of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg,” Northam said on twitter. “A brilliant legal mind and an unwavering beacon in the fight for equal justice, her loss leaves a tremendous void on the Supreme Court and in our country. May her memory be a blessing.”
According to Virginia State Capitol Police, the flags will remain at half staff until Ginsburg’s burial.
- 4 charged following unrest in Richmond Tuesday night
- Online purchase scams spike during the pandemic, according to new BBB report
- Big tech CEOs grilled in Senate hearing
- Hanover school district says 9K Chromebooks have arrived
- StormTracker 8: Weather Aware on Thursday for the remains of Zeta