NOTTOWAY COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — An overnight vehicle crash in Nottoway County has left one pedestrian dead, according to Virginia State Police.
Troopers said they responded to a crash involving a fatality on Route 460 at 12:55 a.m. this morning.
The VSP said a vehicle was traveling east on Route 460 when it ran off the left side of the road into a median about 600 feet west of Route 607. The driver then exited the vehicle and began to walk east on 460.
While walking, VSP said the pedestrian was struck by a vehicle that was also traveling east on Route 460, and hit the pedestrian 2/10 of a mile east of the original crash. The vehicle that hit the pedestrian did not stop.
The identity of the victim has not been released because VSP is still trying to notify next of kin.
This is a breaking story, stay with 8News for updates.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- The girlfriend and friend of the man killed in a hit-and-run Friday night along Berwyn Street are demanding justice for his death.
- The Virginia State Police said they arrested a 17-year-old boy after he led troopers on a high-speed chase in a stolen car on Monday morning that ended in a vehicle crash.
- The man allegedly told authorities the gun belonged to his wife and he didn't know he had her gun with him. He arrested and faces a fine.
- The Petersburg Bureau of Police said a 14-year-old was grazed by a bullet Sunday evening.
- A Richmond-area musician is looking for the public's help after the tool most important to his line of work was stolen: his cello.
- The Chesterfield County Police Department has requested a juvenile petition for an 11-year-old male who allegedly called in a bomb threat to Salem Church Middle School on April 16.
- Police in Fredericksburg have arrested a Stafford man who fired a gun during a fight early Sunday morning.
- The Chesterfield County/Colonial Heights Crime Solvers are searching for a credit card fraud suspect and a credit card theft suspect.
- The Richmond Police Department found a man shot near Pollard Park on Friday afternoon.
- Two men from the Chesterfield area are facing multiple charges for a February incident that left one man dead in Richmond.