HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Someone won’t need any penny pinching, because this wasn’t a dream.
A player put down $2.40 on a “penny spin” game at the Hampton Rosie’s Gaming Emporium over the weekend and won more than $409,000 — the largest jackpot in the history of Rosie’s.
The person wanted to remain anonymous, Rosie’s said in a press release. The penny spin “Scorchin Hot Ruby” game is a historical horse racing (HHR) machine, which are similar to slot machines, but technically base their payouts on the results of old horse races.
The Hampton Rosie’s is still the only location in Hampton Roads, with others in New Kent, Richmond and the Roanoke area. A proposed location in Chesapeake was scrapped earlier this month after months of debate.
- StormTracker 8: Wet Weekend Ahead
- Sources: Antonio Brown will sign with Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Navy: ‘Aircrew did not survive’ crash in Alabama neighborhood
- Chesterfield Police ask for public’s help solving three recent crimes
- A conversation with Bob Good, the Republican vying for Virginia’s 5th Congressional District seat