ACCOMACK, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia State Police say four people are safe following a plane crash in Accomack County Monday.
State police were alerted about the crash just before 4 p.m. Monday.
Troopers arrived to find the wreckage of the aircraft near the intersection of Berry and Mason roads in Bloxom.
Police did not say what type of aircraft the plane is or who owns it, but a U.S. Navy spokesperson confirmed the plane is a Navy aircraft.
Both roads are closed at the intersection due to the crash investigation. A detour is set up.
The county sheriff’s office says state troopers will be the lead agency at the scene.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Monacan Chiefs top Huguenot Falcons, 44-18
- Hermitage adds another ‘W’ to its win streak, 41-13 over Mills Godwin
- House passes PUMP Act that would expand breastfeeding accommodations for working mothers
- FDA says Pfizer COVID vaccine looks effective for young kids
- Matoaca Warriors take record to 7-1 after hard-fought win against Colonial Heights, 28-6