VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) — A Virginia city’s top prosecutor has ruled out criminal charges against four police officers involved in the fatal shooting of a suspect in two killings, In a report released Friday, Commonwealth’s Attorney Colin Stolle concluded that the officers fired in self-defense and were justified in using deadly force against 23-year-old Alvin Lamont Baum II in Virginia Beach on March 20.
The Virginian-Pilot reports that Norfolk police had identified Baum as a suspect in two killings, including a drive-by shooting the night before the police shooting. Body cameras recorded the encounter.
- Chesterfield students return to virtual learning today
- StormTracker 8: Weather Aware Day – Rain & T’Storms until 2pm
- Bureau of Land Management confirms ‘monolith’ was removed, say visitors left behind human waste
- Gruden apologizes to ‘Raider nation’ after ugly loss in ATL
- Family mourns death of Richmond fire lieutenant one year after tragic shooting