VIRGINIA (WDVM) — Governor Ralph Northam says the Virginia Supreme Court has granted his request for a statewide eviction moratorium through September 7th.
This means landlords will not be able to evict tenants for being unable to pay rent until September 7th, unless the date is further extended.
“As the ongoing Congressional stalemate leaves Virginians without federal housing protection, this is a critical step towards keeping families safely in their homes,” said Governor Northam.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- Hampton History Museum rings in Halloween with a month of spooky events
- Youngkin promises state funding for $82 million titanium plant in rural Virginia
- Latest Track of Hurricane Ian
- Are hordes of grasshoppers invading Las Vegas again?
- Maryland man wins $7 million top prize after buying scratcher at Virginia 7-Eleven