VIRGINIA (WDVM) — Governor Ralph Northam says the Virginia Supreme Court has granted his request for a statewide eviction moratorium through September 7th.
This means landlords will not be able to evict tenants for being unable to pay rent until September 7th, unless the date is further extended.
“As the ongoing Congressional stalemate leaves Virginians without federal housing protection, this is a critical step towards keeping families safely in their homes,” said Governor Northam.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- State coronavirus restrictions tweaked on Wednesday, bar service able to resume at restaurants
- Education company begins installing full-size T-Rex recreation
- RPD investigating life-threatening shooting in Randolph neighborhood
- Mother of 4 beaten to death while working at Florida motel; husband finds her left for dead
- Henrico schools planning for students to attend in-person full-time this fall