RICHMOND,Va. (WRIC) — U.S Senators Mark R. Warner and Tim Kaine announced Friday, Sept. 11, that Richmond and dozens of other localities across the commonwealth will have more than $35 million in federal funding heading their way.
The funding comes through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program. The city of Richmond is set to collect $1.3 million, Henrico County is set to receive a little more than $1.4 million and Virginia Beach is getting to cash in over $2 million.
The CDBG program offers annual grants to communities to develop urban communities by providing safe and affordable housing throughout Virginia, mainly for those households that are at a higher rate of eviction.
The following localities will receive funding through the CDBG program:
|City of Richmond||$1,362,346|
|Prince William County||$2,145,011|
- Endangered missing 13-year-old girl found safe, Virginia State Police say
- StormTracker8: Mighty Cold for Saturday morning; balmy next week
- Actress Melinda Dillon, of ‘A Christmas Story,’ dies at 83
- Here’s how much it costs to go to Super Bowl LVII
- Students ‘terrified’ after active shooter confusion leads Alabama police to wrong school