STAFFORD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Authorities in Stafford County are investigating a fatal crash that claimed the life of a teen over the weekend.
In the early hours of Nov. 30, the Traffic Safety Unit for the Stafford County Sheriff’s Office responded to Sanford Drive and Paul Lane for reports of a crash in the area. The unit found a 2004 Chevrolet Suburban that had struck a tree, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
The driver, later identified as 18-year-old Jamison Lane Clark of Stafford, was killed in the crash. A passenger in the car, a 20-year-old male, was taken to the hospital with injuries believed to be non-life threatening.
The Stafford County Sheriff’s Office said the Traffic Safety Unit’s investigation determined that the vehicle lost control and went sideways off the road before hitting the tree on the driver’s side.
- Good Samaritans seriously hurt after being hit on I-95 while helping man change tire
- Kroger in Chesterfield evacuated after fire sets off sprinkler system
- Virginia Department of Veterans Services accepting in-person appointments at select offices
- Altercation at Virginia jail leads to inmate pepper-spraying officer, supervisor
- Virginia State Police reports 9 people, including 4-year-old, killed in crashes during holiday weekend