RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Thanksgiving dinner is expected to be a bit more expensive this year for Virginia families.
The Virginia Farm Bureau reports that its annual grocery store price survey shows that the average cost of a traditional Thanksgiving meal for 10 adults is expected to be about $64.24, or $6.42 per person.
That compares with the average cost of $52.30 for a 10-person meal last Thanksgiving.
The prices were reported by volunteer shoppers around the state using no promotional sales or coupons.
The meal includes a 16-pound (7-kilogram) turkey, a 4-pound (2-kilogram) bone-in ham, stuffing, potatoes, assorted vegetables and pumpkin pie.
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members
- Not ‘I’ but ‘we’: The key to victory for one World War II veteran
- Stimulus checks: Any chance we get $1,200 direct payments in October?
- ‘Lead from the front’: Vietnam combat veteran shares lessons in leadership
- Veterans Voices: Willing Warriors retreat helps with healing