FAIRFAX, Va. (WRIC) — A driver of a U-Haul was in for a shock when he accidentally hit the gas pedal of the truck instead of the brake — and went over a wall onto the ramp below.
The adult male driver walked away from the crash uninjured. He was in the process of leaving the U-Haul facility on Port Royal Road in Fairfax when the crash happened — but was luckily wearing his seatbelt.
Virginia State Police charged the driver with reckless driving for failing to maintain control of the vehicle.
- ‘I’m just here for change’: Protesters march against police brutality on Broad Street
- Don’t throw it out: What to do if you trashed your stimulus debit card
- First Virginia body camera law coming soon; several departments don’t have them
- Video shows chain of events before tear gas deployed at peaceful protest in Richmond
- ‘People need their workouts’: Despite restrictions, gyms prep for Phase Two reopening