(WFXR) – Can you smell the scent of the turkey cooking in the oven yet?
Thanksgiving is quickly approaching and, for those cooking at home, you might be interested in how much you should expect to shell out to feed the family.
According to the Virginia Farm Bureau, you can figure on $6.03 per person which is based on a menu featuring turkey, ham, potatoes, stuffing, and other traditional Thanksgiving favorites.
This year’s cost is actually down nearly $4.00 from last year.
The Virginia Farm Bureau says that despite the ongoing pandemic, Virginia farmers have come through admirably to put food on our tables for the holiday.
- StormTracker 8: Areas of fog this morning
- Richmond ‘porch pirate’ dressed as Amazon employee
- 2 dead in 6-vehicle crash Thanksgiving night in Richmond’s northside
- Many will be shopping online this holiday season & crooks are counting on it
- Was the first Thanksgiving actually in Virginia? The descendant of one settler says no question