RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC ) –The Virginia Housing Alliance has started a new program to help renters and homeowners who are facing financial difficulties because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This Rent and Mortgage Relief Program provides financial assistance to rent or mortgage payments that are past due, starting April 1, 2020. The VHA said eligible landlords can also apply on behalf of their tenants to receive financial assistance for past due rental payments.
The financial assistance is a one-time payment, but there is an opportunity for a renewal based on availability of funding, and a household’s need for additional assistance.
The program is funded through the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act.
You can find more information about the program or to apply online here.
- Half of US adults have received at least one COVID-19 shot
- Alma Wahlberg, mother of Mark, Donnie Wahlberg, dies at 78
- Judge lets med student’s free-speech lawsuit move ahead
- VSP: Body found ‘burned beyond recognition’ inside a car in Northampton County
- Chesterfield police request petition of juvenile for bomb threat at Salem Middle