RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Rep. Don Beyer (D-Va.), who represents Virginia’s 8th Congressional District, announced Tuesday that he and his wife will self-quarantine after being in contact with a friend who tested positive for COVID-19.
The congressman tweeted out a statement after being informed by the Virginia Department of Health that his friend tested positive and that “the timeline of his infection began shortly after” they dined together on Feb. 28.
Stay with 8News for updates to this developing story.
- Police: Pedestrian struck in Short Pump, has critical injuries
- 5 injured after deck collapses in Virginia
- A conversation with Daniel Gade, the Republican facing Mark Warner in Virginia Senate race
- Nation’s top military leaders put on hot seat about their role in Trump’s church photo op
- Trump executive order touts Hispanic prosperity