RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Rep. Don Beyer (D-Va.), who represents Virginia’s 8th Congressional District, announced Tuesday that he and his wife will self-quarantine after being in contact with a friend who tested positive for COVID-19.
The congressman tweeted out a statement after being informed by the Virginia Department of Health that his friend tested positive and that “the timeline of his infection began shortly after” they dined together on Feb. 28.
Stay with 8News for updates to this developing story.
- Trump fires watchdog who told Congress about whistleblower complaint that led to impeachment
- 3 million masks ordered by Massachusetts were seized at Port of NY in March
- A 6-year-old Tennessee boy with cystic fibrosis beats COVID-19
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- StormTracker 8: Sun and clouds today