DUBLIN, Va. (WFXR) — The Dublin Fire Department announced the loss of a longtime firefighter on Friday night.
The department first mentioned firefighter Rubin Lineberry on Thursday afternoon in a Facebook post asking the community to keep him in their thoughts.
By Friday night, though, the Dublin Fire Department officially announced Lineberry’s passing.
According to the department, Lineberry spent more than 38 and a half years as a firefighter and a line officer in Dublin.
There will be a visitation at the Bower Funeral Home Chapel in Pulaski from 4 to 7 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 20.
Lineberry’s funeral will be held in the same chapel on Tuesday, Jan. 21 at 2 p.m. followed by his burial at the Thornspring Cemetery.
- StormTracker8: Plenty of clouds tomorrow with isolated showers
- Man driving motorcycle dies after a crash in Gloucester
- ‘We just need you back home safe’: Family of Olivia Grace Green the missing 12-year-old Powhatan girl asks for community’s help
- Fender bender shuts down access to Powhatan County Fair Saturday evening
- Stone Foltz investigation: 21 Bowling Green students face code of conduct violations