MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) — A Virginia man was killed in western Montana when a vehicle hit him as he tried to open a gate for the driver.
The Montana Highway Patrol tells NBC Montana the accident happened at about 6 a.m. Saturday on a secondary road near Philipsburg.
The patrol says the 75-year-old passenger from Churchill, Virginia, exited the vehicle to open a gate. The driver, a 73-year-old man from Philipsburg, accidentally hit the gas pedal, causing the vehicle to strike the victim.
The victim’s name has not been released.
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- WATCH: Cute critters play with some pumpkins donated to the Mill Mountain Zoo in Roanoke
- Suspect arrested for two grocery store robberies in Henrico County
- Book, defense help No. 2 Notre Dame beat No. 25 UNC 31-17
- 232 inmates at Chesapeake Correctional Center positive for coronavirus; special COVID-19 unit opened