CULPEPER COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A Virginia man was killed Wednesday in a three-vehicle crash on Route 15 in Culpeper County.
According to Virginia State Police, a 2016 Mini Cooper traveling south on Rt. 15 ran off the right side of the road and then overcorrected, crossing the centerline and colliding with a Ford F-150 traveling north. The driver of the Mini Cooper, identified as Allen E. Turner, overcorrected again and collided with a Ford F-250 traveling northbound.
Turner, a 55-year-old from Madison, Va., was not wearing a seat belt and died at the scene, police said.
The driver of the Ford F-150, a 59-year-old man from Orange, Va., hit a power pole after the collision. The man suffered serious injuries and was taken to the hospital. The driver of the Ford F-250 was not hurt in the crash, police said.
An investigation into the deadly crash is underway.
- Virginia early voting nears 200,000 in first week
- HHS secretary touts Trump’s health care plan while Democrats say there’s nothing in it
- Local health expert warns COVID-19 can still strike, even with precautions
- Watch: Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s trainer honors her with pushups at her casket
- 13th inmate dies from COVID-19 at Deerfield Correctional Center