RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — A Virginia player hit the highest Historical Horse Racing jackpot in U.S. history, winning nearly $1 million at Rosie’s Gaming Emporium in Hampton, according to Colonial Downs.
This jackpot of of $914,530.90 was won just before 9 p.m. last night at Rosie’s “Big Ea$y Money” machine.
Colonial Downs said the player, who wants to remain anonymous, brought in $100 to “try his luck” and had only been at Rosie’s for about 10 minutes when he hit the jackpot. The man said he was just “in the right place at the right time.”
The player said he is planning to purchase a new home for his family and a car for himself.
- Pres. Trump pardons former top strategist Steve Bannon, 72 others and 70 commutations
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- How to watch the Joe Biden and Kamala Harris Inauguration Day events from home
- Man spends 13 years in solitary confinement in Virginia prison due to language barrier
- Middlesex County Schools celebrate arrival of two electric school buses