PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia’s online voter registration system is down on the last day of registration for this year’s election.
The issue with the Virginia Department of Elections’ citizen portal is statewide. It’s unclear when the issue will be resolved, but in the meantime people who are trying to register and vote early in-person will be given a provisional ballot, election officials say.
The department of election’s website reads: “We are in the process of updating the Citizen Portal. Due to these changes, Citizen Portal is temporarily unavailable.”
- Gov. Northam ‘actively considering’ vaccine mandate for state employees, Dr. Avula says
- Washington Football Team updates stadium policies and protocols, bans Native American headdresses
- Republicans push back against Pelosi, president’s calls for two big spending bills
- VDH reports increase in COVID-19 outbreaks at childcare facilities, summer camps in central Virginia
- Frozen honey: New TikTok trend will likely result in ‘a lot of diarrhea,’ gastroenterologist says