PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia’s online voter registration system is down on the last day of registration for this year’s election.
The issue with the Virginia Department of Elections’ citizen portal is statewide. It’s unclear when the issue will be resolved, but in the meantime people who are trying to register and vote early in-person will be given a provisional ballot, election officials say.
The department of election’s website reads: “We are in the process of updating the Citizen Portal. Due to these changes, Citizen Portal is temporarily unavailable.”
- Lawmakers amend bill banning guns in state buildings, Capitol Square
- Star witness in Harvey Weinstein case breaks her silence
- Louisa County breaks ground on new elementary school addition
- Virginia COVID-19 hospitalizations slightly rise after plateau
- Ghislaine Maxwell wants trial delay, blames prosecutors