PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A four-year-old died from injuries sustained in a highway crash Sunday in Prince Edward County.
Virginia State Police said the vehicle was driving north on Route 604 around 12:30 p.m. July 5 when it ran off the right side of the road, ABC-affiliate WSET reports.
NEWS WHERE YOU LIVE: 2 dead following motorcycle, pedestrian crash in Chesterfield
Troopers said the vehicle over-corrected “which caused the vehicle to cross back onto the highway, cross the center line, and hit a pickup truck going in the opposite direction.”
The boy was taken to VCU Medical Center where troopers say he later died.
The crash remains under investigation.
Click here for WSET’s report.
- StormTracker 8: Scattered thunderstorms; possible flash flooding
- Buildings damaged, glass shattered after protests in Richmond turn violent
- Goochland County School Board votes for virtual reopening plan
- Powhatan school board approves Confederate flag ban
- Second stimulus checks: Why $1,200 payments aren’t expected in August