RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia State Police responded to hundreds of car crashes and disabled vehicles across the Commonwealth Sunday.
Although snow was not predicted to begin falling in many Virginia counties until the mid-morning hours, VSP said in a release that due to the winter weather, they responded to 369 traffic crashes and 282 disabled vehicles in the first 18 hours of the day Sunday.
Police said that the majority of the crashes involved damage to only the vehicles, and no traffic fatalities have been reported during that time period.
Since midnight on Sunday, Jan. 16, Virginia State Police have responded to:
- Richmond Division: 28 Disabled Vehicles & 118 Traffic Crashes
- Culpeper Division: 37 Disabled Vehicles & 29 Traffic Crashes
- Appomattox Division: 41 Disabled Vehicles & 43 Traffic Crashes
- Wytheville Division: 55 Disabled Vehicles & 59 Traffic Crashes
- Chesapeake Division: 25 Disabled Vehicles & 26 Traffic Crashes
- Salem Division: 60 Disabled Vehicles & 53 Traffic Crashes
- Fairfax Division: 36 Disabled Vehicles & 41 Traffic Crashes