PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) ─ Pizza lovers may soon have to skip the pepperoni.
Two main reasons cited for the pepperoni shortage include the lack of employees at pork processing plants and a high demand for pizza, both of which are likely caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
Like many businesses, pork processors have had to lay of hundreds of employees in order to cut costs due to the pandemic, forcing them to streamline operations.
So far, larger pizza chains haven’t been impacted by the shortage since they buy their ingredients through long-term contacts, according to Bloomberg.
- Virginia DMV says commercial drivers can renew online
- Chesterfield police looking for missing 18-year-old
- Instead of a pillowy biscuit try this biscuity pillow from Bojangles
- Former Varina star, Super Bowl champion Michael Robinson giving back during Thanksgiving week
- Biden begins nominating cabinet members as Trump continues to fight election results