WEST MONROE, La. (KTVE) — A 39-year-old Louisiana man is starting the New Year behind bars because he allegedly held a gun to the head of a child for taking his last Dr. Pepper.
On January 1, 2020, Deputies with the Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office say they were called to a home off LA 3033 for a domestic aggravated battery complaint.
When they arrived, deputies say they talked to a 9-year-old boy, who said his father, Chad Kinnaird, became angry with him for drinking the last Dr. Pepper back on December 28.
Deputies say Kinnaird had held a loaded .32 caliber handgun against the boy’s head. Kinnaird was mirandized by deputies, and he denied the allegations.
Kinnaird is charged with Violation of a Protective Order and Domestic Abuse Battery/Child Endangerment.
- StormTracker 8: Rain and brisk winds tonight and into Monday
- Bureau of Land Management confirms ‘monolith’ was removed, say visitors left behind human waste
- Gruden apologizes to ‘Raider nation’ after ugly loss in ATL
- Family mourns death of Richmond fire lieutenant one year after tragic shooting
- Deadline quickly approaching for Dinwiddie County non-profit COVID-19 grant