ST. LOUIS – A “dipping sauce dispute” led to the shooting of a Wendy’s worker in St. Louis at about 1:00 a.m. Tuesday, according to workers at the fast food restaurant.
Workers said a man in the drive-thru asked for extra dipping sauce with his order and when he didn’t get what he wanted, he shot into the store.
A bullet hit a worker in the back. He is expected to recover.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- The U.S. District Attorney's Office says Chris Grider surrendered to FBI agents in Austin today. According to the warrant for his arrest, Grider admitted on camera to being there when Ashli Babbitt was shot outside the Speaker's Lobby.
- Police arrested an alleged serial killer accused of murdering several women at a New York City public housing complex for seniors dating back nearly six years.
- The Richmond Police Department is asking for the public's help finding a suspect linked to the burglary of a Boost Mobile store.
- A second tactical vest was found inside the home. According to the U.S. Attorney, the vest appeared “similar, if not identical,” to the vest Lisa Eisenhart, Munchel’s mother, appeared to be wearing at the Capitol riots.
- Richmond Animal Care and Control said they found a dog in a dumpster at the Residences at Westover Hills.
- A Connecticut man was charged Tuesday in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia with assaulting a police officer during the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.
- Roanoke Police say they have taken a juvenile into custody for the Valley View Mall shooting that took place on Dec. 26.
- The Louisa County Sheriff's Office is warning the public to watch out for phone scammers pretending to be deputies.
- There were 223 alcohol compliance I.D. checks at businesses that sell alcohol including gas stations and stores in December. Out of those 223 checks, 32 sales failed the requirement for an I.D. check resulting in a 14.35% non-compliance rate, according to Substance Abuse Free Environment (SAFE).
- Richmond Police have made an arrest in last summer's homicide at the Rodeway Inn.