ATLANTA, Ga. (WRIC) — A big brother, with an even bigger heart, stepped up for his little sister when it mattered the most.
In a viral Facebook post, Trelysia Hamerter shared how her 7-year-old daughter, Skylar was stood up by her father for the Dad/Daughter dance for the second year in-a-row.
“She cried because she had her heart set on going,” Hamerter said in the post. “I felt so bad because there was nothing I could do.”
Hamerter says that’s when her son, 11-year-old Christian stepped in and offered to take her because “he wanted his sister to know that she deserves a man keeping his word and making her feel special.”
She ended the post by saying “just know that I’m raising someone a GREAT HUSBAND one day.”
The post has been shared more than 50,000 times with more than 110,000 interactions.
- StormTracker 8: Close to seasonal start to your work week
- Amid fears of ‘insider’ attack, FBI vetting Guard troops in DC
- Two teens fatally shoot each other in New Iberia
- No. 20 Virginia Tech slips past Wake Forest 64-60
- Gun-rights group that brought thousands to Richmond for Lobby Day last year returns