ATLANTA, Ga. (WRIC) — A big brother, with an even bigger heart, stepped up for his little sister when it mattered the most.
In a viral Facebook post, Trelysia Hamerter shared how her 7-year-old daughter, Skylar was stood up by her father for the Dad/Daughter dance for the second year in-a-row.
“She cried because she had her heart set on going,” Hamerter said in the post. “I felt so bad because there was nothing I could do.”
Hamerter says that’s when her son, 11-year-old Christian stepped in and offered to take her because “he wanted his sister to know that she deserves a man keeping his word and making her feel special.”
She ended the post by saying “just know that I’m raising someone a GREAT HUSBAND one day.”
The post has been shared more than 50,000 times with more than 110,000 interactions.
- Christopher Columbus statue vandalized, beheaded in Connecticut
- StormTracker 8: Muggy tonight, hot and humid Sunday
- Kanye West says he’s running for president, Elon Musk supports
- Fourth of July festivities bring a chance to ‘enjoy the summer’ amid COVID-19 concerns
- Garage camera catches bear digging through trash bin in Chesterfield driveway