BEAUMONT, Tx (ABC News) – Adorable ballerinas pose together in honor of Black History Month.
Inspired by famous ballerina Misty Copeland, a ballet company in Texas celebrated Black History Month with a fierce photoshoot.
The tiny dancers, part of an elite dance squad at the iRule Dance Studio in Beaumont, Texas, booked the photoshoot as a fun bonding experience but it quickly took on more meaning.
“These girls work so hard, and although they don’t complain about it, sometimes we like to do something fun,” Angela Malonson, whose 7-year-old Falon has been dancing with the company since she was 3, said. “It just so happened to be February and what better month to do in honor of Black History Month.”
- Financial hits pile up for colleges as some fight to survive
- The Latest: World Athletics suspends Olympic qualification
- NYC virus deaths exceed 3,200, topping toll for 9/11 attacks
- Pilot program connects VCU Health doctors, first responders in rural Virginia counties amid pandemic
- ‘Don’t have shame’: Advice from a financial planner if you lost your job due to coronavirus