Windy conditions cause tree to fall, spark house fire in Richmond

News
cliff2_577751

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Richmond firefighters were called to the 3200 block of Cliff Avenue for a house fire Friday afternoon.

Officials say a tree fell through the middle of the house. Wind is believed to have caused the tree to fall and pull down electrical wires, which sparked the fire.

The family living there had to leave their home, and the Red Cross has been notified to assist the family.

No injuries have been reported.Find 8News on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram; send your news tips to iReport8@wric.com.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

StormTracker 8

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Local Events