RICHMOND, Va (WRIC)– Richmond police are investigating after a woman was found dead from an apparent gunshot wound on Saturday night.
Authorities identified Sara Andrews, a woman in her twenties as the victim.
Around 8:48 P.M. police were called out to the 3300 block of Stockton Street for the report of a person down.
Police said the woman was dead at the scene. A medical examiner will determine an official cause of death.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- Loved ones of 23-year-old At'Taysiyah Dye, a Henrico woman who was found dead last week after vanishing for over a month, came together Friday in an emotional prayer vigil.
- The Chesterfield County and Colonial Heights Crime Solvers are asking for the public's help finding a suspect who broke into a local high school and then stole from a school bus in the parking lot.
- Virginia State Police said they have arrested two men linked to a February double shooting in Petersburg near I-85.
- If you traveled along Chippenham Parkway at all over the last week of February and noticed an unusually high police presence, there was a reason for it. Police are trying to crack down on speeding and reckless driving on the busy roadway.
- The victim has been identified as 23-year-old Jacob Dwayne Martin of Mechanicsville.
- A police presence was seen at the Six Points Express Mart in Richmond on Thursday evening.
- A 23-year-old man has been sentenced to 31 years in prison for a shooting in Petersburg.
- The death of a 60-year-old Colonial Heights man allegedly murdered by his own son has sent shockwaves around the community.
- The Richmond Police Department has released the identity of the victim of Saturday's homicide on St. Paul Street.
- A 24-year-old Dinwiddie man is accused of killing his 60-year-old father inside his home in Colonial Heights.