MONTCALM, WV (WVNS) — State Troopers from the Princeton Detachment of the West Virginia State Police are investigating a fatal accident in the Montcalm area of Mercer County. It happened around 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 24, 2020.
Investigators said a Jeep Cherokee hit a UTV. The driver of the side-by-side, Corey McKinney, was killed in the collision. His wife, Sabrina McKinney was flown to the hospital with serious injuries. Her condition is not known.
The driver of the Jeep, Ricky Olivo, Jr. of Woodstock, Virginia is being charged with DUI resulting in death, DUI causing serious bodily injury and driving on a suspended license. The case is under investigation by Trooper J.L Wood.
- Coronavirus update: Slight increase in Virginia’s 7-day positivity rate
- StormTracker 8: Plenty of clouds today and showers move in later
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump heads to Arizona, Biden works virtually from Delaware
- ‘Oh Mercy’: Short film sheds light on plight of migrants at Matamoros tent encampment
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta becomes hurricane again in the Gulf of Mexico