BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) — Khalil Herbert ran for 162 yards, including a 76-yard touchdown, and Virginia Tech ended a four-game slide with a 33-15 victory against rival Virginia.
The 5-6 Hokies also got a big play from Tayvion Robinson, who turned a short pass from Braxton Burmeister into a 60-yard TD and four field goals from Brian Johnson to regain the Commonwealth Cup.
Virginia had its four-game win streak end. The Cavaliers drove 75 yards for a touchdown and a 7-3 lead with their first possession, but managed just 71 yards the rest of the half and trailed 27-7 at halftime.
- Upper Magnolia Green rezoning project approved amid public controversy
- $10,000 reward offered for information on Prince William suspects connected to 9-year-old girl shooting
- StormTracker8: VIPIR Alert Friday; tracking severe storms
- ‘Distance doesn’t matter’: Richmond Public Schools hosts Community Healing Circle addressing gun violence trauma
- Porch pirate returns packages with apology after employer sees theft video