BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) — Khalil Herbert ran for 162 yards, including a 76-yard touchdown, and Virginia Tech ended a four-game slide with a 33-15 victory against rival Virginia.
The 5-6 Hokies also got a big play from Tayvion Robinson, who turned a short pass from Braxton Burmeister into a 60-yard TD and four field goals from Brian Johnson to regain the Commonwealth Cup.
Virginia had its four-game win streak end. The Cavaliers drove 75 yards for a touchdown and a 7-3 lead with their first possession, but managed just 71 yards the rest of the half and trailed 27-7 at halftime.
- Cheating during remote testing is a problem. Now there is a fix
- Cap gas prices: 6 ways to save on gasoline
- Do Facebook and Twitter silence conservatives? Data shows they actually dominate
- Two strangers use conch shells to carry on tradition of honoring health care workers
- After 2 recent deaths, why are people still doing extreme baby gender reveals?