LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Hendon Hooker was perfect from the air and ran for three scores to lead Virginia Tech to a 42-35 victory over Louisville. The junior quarterback went 10-of-10 for 183 yards passing to supplement a rushing attack that garnered 283 yards for the Hokies. He contributed 68 of those yards on the ground. About three hours before kickoff, Louisville announced nine players would be unavailable for undisclosed reasons. That included leading solo tackler Monty Montgomery, starting free safety Isaiah Hayes and three of the Cardinals top four defensive ends – Yaya Diaby, Tabarius Peterson and Dayna Kinnaird.
- StormTracker 8: Close to seasonal start to your work week
- Amid fears of ‘insider’ attack, FBI vetting Guard troops in DC
- Two teens fatally shoot each other in New Iberia
- No. 20 Virginia Tech slips past Wake Forest 64-60
- Gun-rights group that brought thousands to Richmond for Lobby Day last year returns