SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — Zay Flowers caught a 20-yard touchdown pass, Aaron Boumerhi kicked three field goals and Boston College beat Syracuse 16-13, the Orange’s fifth straight loss.
Flowers scored his touchdown less than a minute before halftime and Boumerhi’s 22-yard field goal after a Syracuse turnover late in the fourth quarter was the difference.
The Eagles held Syracuse to 240 yards of total offense. David Bailey gained 125 yards on 25 carries and Phil Jurkovec completed 20 of 29 passes for 208 yards for BC.
Freshman JaCobian Morgan was 19-of-30 passing for 188 yards, one interception, and a 1-yard touchdown pass to Aaron Hackett with 21 seconds remaining in his first career start for the Orange.
- ‘This happened out of the blue’: COVID-related closure of Legends Grille blindsides workers
- ‘People are about to lose everything’: Bipartisan plan could extend unemployment before expiration date
- Florida Sen. Rick Scott promises uphill battle for Biden’s Cabinet picks
- Justice Department investigating ‘bribery-for-pardon scheme’
- Henrico resident says officers walked into home ‘unannounced’ three times, police chief responds