CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WAVY) – The VHSL Sports Medicine Advisory Committee (SMAC) released a list of suggested phase 3 guidelines for school divisions as they prepare for the safe reopening of high school sports and activities this fall.
The detailed document outlines recommendations for athletic training services, team travel, event considerations, cleaning, face coverings, hygiene practices, and more.
Each sport is covered including minimal contact athletics to those that are considered full contact. The phase 3 section also discusses individual practice, team-based practice, skill building drills, and conditioning activities that allow physical distancing at all times.
The full phased document can be found here.
- Mid-American Conference cancels fall football due to virus
- Candlelight Vigil for Lebanon to be held at Monroe Park tonight
- State and city leaders come together for ‘Conversations at the Monument’
- StormTracker 8: Isolated storms this afternoon
- Coronavirus update: VDH reports more than 1,300 new cases since yesterday; free testing in Richmond