RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — One of the most highly anticipated match-ups of the basketball season was a game to forget for the Rams. The VCU Rams (17-7, 7-4 A-10) took on the University of Richmond Spiders (18-6, 8-3 A-10) at the Robins Center earlier today.
The Spiders went into this game looking to take revenge on VCU’s late-January 68-87 win at the Siegel Center.
The VCU Rams face Dayton at home on Feb. 18 and the University of Richmond takes on George Mason at home Feb. 19.
FINAL SCORE: RICHMOND 77, VCU 59
VCU forward Isaac Vann had 10 first-half points for the Rams. Spider’s guard Nick Sherod went 4-5 from the 3PT line, scoring 12 points in the first half.
The lead was one VCU could not overcome with the Spiders ending their three-game losing streak to the Rams.
8News caught up with some happy Spiders fans after the rivalry win.
“I was in the Siegel Center when we lost. It was our turn this time. It was great.”
- Patterson steps up, leads No. 20 Hokies past NC State 45-24
- StormTracker 8: Cloudy with patchy fog tonight
- Crash under investigation in Hanover County
- Rosie’s Gaming Emporium builds bunk beds for Bunks Across America
- The Latest: Graham: Court vote could be week before election