RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) – The VCU women’s basketball program announced Sunday they are pausing all team activities due to COVID-19 protocols.
The Rams game against UMass originally scheduled for Sunday has been postponed, and no decision regarding the team’s upcoming games at the Siegel Center against George Washington on Jan. 20 and Richmond on Jan. 24 have been made yet.
“VCU athletics follows Atlantic 10 Conference, Virginia Commonwealth University and Virginia Department of Health guidelines to prioritize the safety of student-athletes, coaches and staff as well as the VCU community,” the team said in a statement.
The Rams last played on Jan. 15, losing 55-49 to UMass. VCU is 6-6 overall and 4-1 in A10 play.
When all personnel have cleared COVID protocols, team activities will resume.
- Remains of early New Yorkers found during construction are reburied
- Texas will end mask mandate, allow businesses to reopen ‘100%’
- Much wow, very vroom: Dogecoin to sponsor NASCAR driver in upcoming race
- Can’t find the Amazon app icon on your phone? That’s because it got a makeover
- ‘Symbol of hatred’: No charges after KKK flag hangs next door to Black family’s home